Your donations both large and small help us have the organizational capacity to reach out to the community to support the needs of traumatized children, struggling families, and adults with developmental disabilities.
Here are just a few of the amazing things we have accomplished together:
- We built a Playground, a safe and fun place for children who come to Abbott House to heal from trauma and just be kids.
- We renovated the Family Visiting Spaces and Reception Area in our Bronx office, which had an immediate impact of reducing the stress and anxiety of biological parents having supervised visits with their children.
- We collected and distributed literally thousands of much-needed items like toys, diapers, backpacks, school supplies, clothing, exercise equipment, books and so much more that is simply not covered anywhere else.
- We renovated a beautiful Art Room and Music/Reading Room for our immigrant children to heal and relax - spaces designed to honor the resilient spirit of the children we care for every day.
- We provided hundreds of cultural and educational enrichment, life skills and recreational activities for children who do not get the same opportunities that we provide our own children.
- And so much more!
UPDATE: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, many of you have been asking how you can help Abbott House during this critical time. There are two important ways:
- First, unrestricted donations are the best way to make an immediate impact. They allow us to get what we need when we need it.
- Second, we are in need of new or used laptops and tablets now that the kids are home and out of school so they can continue with their learning. If you have a laptop you wish to donate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Give by check or credit card
We accept donations by check, stock, or wire transfer.