HELPING EACH ADOPTIVE and GUARDIANSHIP FAMILY REMAIN TOGETHER
Permanency Resource Center
When it comes to raising kids, all of us can benefit from some extra support and resources. Sometimes raising adoptive or guardianship children has special challenges.
H.E.A.R.T offers support and resources to families raising adoptive or guardianship children at no cost. We welcome adoptive and guardianship families and children residing in Dutchess, Sullivan, Ulster or Westchester Counties. Having a history in foster care is not required.
- Educational assistance
- in-home counseling (child/parent)
- Recreational activites
- Referrals to community providers
- Support groups for children
- Support groups for parents
- Training for parents/resources
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- 24 hour crisis telephone
ABBOTT HOUSE IS COMMITTED TO HELP YOU:
- Get the services and resources that you want to meet your child’s educational, physical, social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Build your capacity to address challenges through understanding the impact of trauma on children and their behavior.
- Promote the safety, stability, and developing of family attachments following adoption or legal guardianship.
- Community Agencies
- Department of Social Services