Become a volunteer!
Abbott House offers numerous opportunities to connect with children and developmentally disabled individuals. Perhaps you want to lend general office support or lead a workshop. We look forward to having you join the Abbott House family in whatever capacity works for you. Have an idea that you would like to share? Want to make a difference as a volunteer?
Call us at 914-365-6715 to speak to Kate about available opportunities.
It’s that time of the year again! Click HERE to learn more about our 2016 Holiday Toy Drive!
Volunteer with children or adults with developmental disabilities.
- Run a yoga or dance class
- Plant flowers and help with yard work at any one of our 21 group homes
- Offer pet or art therapy sessions
- Help college-bound students prepare for the SAT or ACT tests
- Attend a talent show and cheer on those performing
- Spend time with a developmentally disabled adult
- Become a tutor
- Help with homework
- Create an arts & crafts project
- Become a mentor to a young person in need
Volunteer in one of our offices.
File, scan, shred, organize, make follow up phone calls, serve as an ambassador. Abbott House is looking for bright-minded people who want to roll up their sleeves and help our departments stay organized to ensure our services continue to be delivered to those who need it most.