Become a volunteer!
Abbott House offers numerous opportunities to connect with children and developmentally disabled individuals. Perhaps you want to lend general office support or lead a workshop. We look forward to having you join the Abbott House family in whatever capacity works for you. Have an idea that you would like to share? Want to make a difference as a volunteer?
Call us at 914-365-6715 to speak to Kate about available opportunities.
Volunteer with children or adults with developmental disabilities.
- Run a yoga or dance class
- Plant flowers and help with yard work at any one of our 21 group homes
- Offer pet or art therapy sessions
- Help college-bound students prepare for the SAT or ACT tests
- Attend a talent show and cheer on those performing
- Spend time with a developmentally disabled adult
- Become a tutor
- Help with homework
- Create an arts & crafts project
- Become a mentor to a young person in need
Volunteer in one of our offices.
File, scan, shred, organize, make follow up phone calls, serve as an ambassador. Abbott House is looking for bright-minded people who want to roll up their sleeves and help our departments stay organized to ensure our services continue to be delivered to those who need it most.